We are a community of God’s people in Christ who gather together to worship, learn, and serve our “still-speaking God” with extravagant hospitality, welcoming all who seek a wider, deeper, experience of God’s grace.
Our congregation is
“Open and Affirming”
We affirm the dignity, worth, importance, and personal gifts of all people—inclusive of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnic background, marital status, economic circumstance, and/or difference of ability. As we continue to learn and grow in understanding, we pledge to provide a safe, supportive community in which all persons—as they share in worship, fellowship, and leadership—may find the guidance and love of God in their lives.
We are a Union Congregation
of Two Denominations
United Christian Church is part of two denominational families, the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), and relates to all our local and regional ecumenical groups. Through these connections we can have experiences that go beyond what any one local church can offer—opportunities to serve and opportunities to learn and grow.
The Purpose of United Christian Church
Our purpose is to bear witness to the abundant love of God as evidenced in the life and teachings of Jesus by extending radical hospitality and seeking justice as a faith community.
The Mission of United Christian Church
The mission of United Christian Church is to actively participate in the transforming ministry of Jesus in the world by:
Affirming the presence of God in all persons
Supporting all people in their search for truth and meaning
Encouraging spiritual practices that lead to wholeness
Building a caring community that pursues peace through justice
Being good stewards of God’s creation
By calling ourselves progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who…
1. Believe that following the path and teachings of Jesus can lead to an awareness and experience of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life;
2. Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience the Sacredness and Oneness of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdom in our spiritual journey;
3. Seek community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to:
Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics,
Believers and agnostics,
Women and men,
Those of all sexual orientations and gender identities,
Those of all classes and abilities;
4. Know that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe;
5. Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning than in absolutes;
6. Strive for peace and justice among all people;
7. Strive to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth;
8. Commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love.